Why to choose this program?
Best oportunity to take photos of Bears
Hides designed especially to suit photographers needs
A network of 8 locations and 20 photo hides
The area with highest density of Brown Bears in Europe
Escorted by local Slovenian naturalist guide
Author of bears: Miha Mlakar © All rights reserved
Wild Life Photographer's heaven!
|Aleks B. |
My name is Aleks and I am semi professional photographer, especially interested in wild life photography. I was really surprised when I saw that the hides on this tour are equipped especially for the photographing purposes. The tour really offered ultimate conditions for creating the perfect photo. All the hides were placed in a spot with a suitable light, they ofer a possibility to fix tripod's head and all of them were equipped with bean bags which we need for stabilising the camera. All these in the area full of bears and other wild life made this experience felt like a wild life photographer’s haven. The tour was professionally organised, we have learned a lot about local animal’s behaviour and we have been accompanied by naturalist guide who is also a hunter and who made sure that we were all safe during the whole trip. This is a tour that I would definitely recommend!
Photographing the brown Bear
- Cost per person:
- 195 €
- Price Includes:
- VAT | Full day tour | Professional guide
- Extra payment:
- taxi transfer to location ( we offer a discount)
Spring season starts on 10th of May and ends on 15th of July. Summer season starts on 6th of August and ends on 20th of September.
Made professional photo of Brown Bear
Slovenianbears manages a network of 8 locations and 20 photo hides, that fit 2-4 persons each. The hides have been tailored to the needs of photographers, hence they have been selected carefully regarding location and light availability, they are approximately at eye level with the bears, and they are equipped with bean bags and offer options to fix tripod heads.
All hides are located in Notranjska region, of Slovenia, which together with the adjacent Kočevska region holds one of the world’s richest densities of brown bears. An estimated number of 1000 bears can be found here.
You can book hides between April and October. Hide sessions usually start between 2 and 3 p.m. and last until sunset. Depending on the location it takes about 10 to 20 minutes of driving plus 100 to 700 meters of walking to reach the hides. All guests will be briefed with regard to our code of conduct before starting the hide sessions
Recommended photo equipment: We recomended telephoto lenses, starting from 70-200mm up to 500 mm or even more. Photography distance may vary between roughly 10 to 50 meters..
- The chance to meet a bear at this program is?
- Compensation in case the bear is not seen is it?
- No compensation. Slovenianbears offers ideal sighting options, however, sightings cannot be guaranteed. Nature follows its own set of rules.
- Can I take a professional photo?
- This program is not adjusted for professional photo shoots.
- Do you offer the possibility of transport to the starting location?
- Yes, click the button below to see the price of this transportation. On the displayed price can be obtained at the checkout discount 10% off.
Price for taxi
- Parent Category: Adventures
- Category: Bear Watching