Why to choose this program?
Postojna Cave and Predjama Castle in vicinity
Easy acces by public transport
The best opportunity to observe Brown Bears in Europe
High Density of Bears
Escorted by local Slovenian naturalist guide
Copyrights: TuamV © All rights reserved
Bear Watching in Postojna
|Clara De Luca
Firstly, we have seen the breath taking Postojna Cave and then we have explored the medieval castle of Predjama. After the sight seeing it was time to find out what kind of wild life is hiding in the forests close by. We have met our naturalist guide at Postojna Bus Station from where he took us to the observation point. After 15 minutes of driving we still had to walk approximately 10 minutes before reaching the hides. We have climbed the ladder and start with our observation of the surrounding. To have a successful observation you need to be quite and patient. Fortunately our kids were so eager to see the bears that they had no problems spending 2 hours in complete silence. Well except from few quite wows after the brown bear came by. We have returned to the starting point full of excitment and new experiences. The tour is definitely worth of recommendation!
BEAR WATCHING IN POSTOJNA SLOVENIA
- Cost per person:
- from 69€
- Price Includes:
- VAT, guided tour
- Extra payment:
- Taxi transfer to location ( we offer a discount) * Hunting yarn accommodates 4 people if it is a group with childrens we can accommodate up to 5 people.
Min. 1 person: 137 EUR / person
2 person: 92 EUR / person
3 person: 76 EUR / person
4 person: 69 EUR / person
*The price may change before the final booking and depends on the time of reservation and availability of accommodation.
BROWN BEAR SAFARI
Join us on the Safari forest adventure after sightseeing of Postojna Cave or Predjama Castle. The Tour will be a perfect Ending of day in the area of Postojna.
The watching of brown bear and other wildlife will take place from a hunting observatory, which can hold five people at the most. A guide will pick you up at the bus station of Postojna and take you on a jeep ride through the forest, so you can enjoy the scenery. You will then leave the vehicle not too far away from your destination and continue on foot. The watching at the observation point will last from 2 – 3 hours and has to be conducted in total quiet. After that, you will be taken back to the starting point in a jeep.
- The chance to meet a bear on this tour is?
- Is the tour suitable for young children?
- The tour is suitable for children as well.
- Is there any compensation, in case if we do not see the bears?
- No there is no refund.
- Can I take a professional photo?
- The tour is intended for bear observation and has limited photography possibilities.
- Is it possible to book a taxi transfer to the starting point of the tour?
- Yes, if you would like to check our taxi offer follow the link by clicking on the button below and fill in the reservation form. We will provide you with additional 10% discount on the regular price.
Get a taxi transfer quote
- Parent Category: Adventures
- Category: Bear Watching